Pack 314 Service Award
Cub Scout Pack 314 Service Award
To honor Cub Scouts who have made a personal commitment to providing service and goodwill, our pack has created the "Cub Scout Pack 314 Service Award".
For yearly tracking purposes, our service year runs from September to May.
- All registered Cub Scouts in Pack 314 are eligible for the award: Tiger Cubs, Wolf, Bear and Webelos Scouts.
- Service projects are "weighted" depending upon the amount of time expended at the project. Projects lasting four or more hours (Catholic Parish Outreach and crop gleaning) are assigned two "points" each. All other service projects lasting less than two hours are awarded one "point".
- The Cub Scout Pack 314 Service Award will be given when a minimum of three points are earned in Pack-organized service projects that benefit the community.
- The Cub Scout Pack 314 Super Service Award will be given when six or more points are earned in Pack-organized service projects that benefit the community.
- The Cub Scout Pack 314 "Service Award" and "Super Service Award" will be in the form of a patch and presented at a monthly Pack meeting.
- All service projects must be performed during a single service year (September-May).
- Pack 314 will arrange for various service projects throughout the year. Past projects include:
- Durant Greenway Clean up (Quarterly)
- Crop Gleaning (Seasonal)
- Parish "Angel Tree" at Christmas
- Food and coat drives (annually)
- Parish Fair booth (every September)
- Playing Bingo with the elderly at Heritage Nursing Home (monthly)
- Catholic Parish Outreach Food Bank (every other month)
- Making Christmas cards for the hospitalized (seasonal)
- Cub Scouts are encouraged to identify and participate in other acts of community service, over and above the service award.
- Cub Scouts, with guidance from their Parents and Den Leaders, must ensure they record their attendance at each Pack-organized service project.
- Award guidelines and criteria may be subject to change by the Pack 314 Committee at any time.
- Have Fun & Promote the Cub Scout Spirit of Helping Other People!!
1) Service Projects used towards specific awards such as "Leave No Trace" and "World Conservation Award" should not be counted towards the Pack Service Award
2) Some Service projects have special patches, and are treated separately if requested. For Example: "Scouting For Food"
For any questions or concerns, please contact the Service Committee Chair.
Last Updated: August 16, 2011 (Mike Johann)